The Hair And Makeup Blog had the pleasure to sit down with Hairstylist to the Stars: Robert Ramos at the salon to discuss some of our favorite topics hair and hair care products. Robert is very warm, personable and knowledgeable about hair. This is why so many women trust him with styling, coloring and cutting their hair.
Robert Ramos is part owner of the chic West Hollywood’s Estilo Salon. Estilo Salon is located on swank Beverly Ave in West Hollywood. Estilo is The House of Style for hair. The salon provides all major hair services and provides additional Brazilian Keratin hair treatment, Japanese hair straightening, traditional sew-in hair wefts and keratin hair extensions.
Robert is the much-publicized hairstylist for Jessica Alba and Eva Mendes. However, Robert has been in the business for many years and has worked with celebrity legends, Bette Midler and Pam Grier. In fact, Bette Midler has been Robert’s client for 20 years.
Celebrities have been fascinated with Robert for some time but the latest industry buzz is Robert Ramos fresh clean haircare line. The shampoo is paraben and sulfate free. The styling spray was featured in fall/winter 2009 LA’s Fashion Week. It is ideal for people who want hold and touchable tresses.
One of my favorite Robert Ramos product is the leave-in conditioner which provides added moisture for the hair. An extra benefit to the leave in conditioner is that it works great on weaves and human hair extensions. It makes wavy hair extensions look new, provides sheen and helps define curls. The Robert Ramos conditioner has hair-friendly leave-intents such as silk amino acids, spirulina, ginseng and UV protection.
Here are some of Robert’s tip for summer hair:
- Keep yourself hydrated
- Eat a healthy diet – what you do on the outside is as important as what you put on your hair
- Buy one to two hair care products you know is gonna work
- Use a daily leave-in conditioner – check out Robert Ramos leave in conditioner- great for vacation hair
- When out in the sun for extended periods use a hat to cover up your hair
- You are not bound to a ponytail – create a low messy knot instead. A knot provides a stylish summer look